Whether you are planning on wearing them or decorating with them, there is no doubt that stripes make a statement. Using stripes in your interiors presents some incredible opportunities to develop personality and a rich style to a room that would otherwise be viewed as …. mediocre. Stripes can be fun, bold, colorful, and create the illusion of volume and space. great interior design inspiration:
- Use the direction of the stripes, whether horizontal or vertical, to bring attention to items in the room.
- Stripes bring a feeling of order to a space, compliment this with with solid colors in a geometric method around the stripes.
- Choosing the right direction of the stripes can make a room appear longer, shorter, taller or smaller.
- The width of the stripes that you use will also make a big impact on the appearance of the room. Keep proportion in mind….introduce finer stripes in a quaint spaces and beefier lines in more spacious environments. The visual effect created by this pairing results in a bold texture that is stimulating.
- Blend stripes on stripes with solids and floral patterns to add more layering and interest to the room.
- Be selective in the colors that you choose to place. Bright colors will often mute anything else they are near, while dilute colors will make a less bold and more elegant mood.
- Stripes make an excellent accent to any room and any design style – whether classic, traditional or coastal interiors, consider adding a simple cushion on a bench, or chair slip cover.