- Don’t feel you need to use up every inch of wall space by sacrificing natural light. Adding windows or skylights will display your wardrobe clearly.
- Strategically position full-length mirrors to reflect some of that natural light – and to catch a good glimpse of yourself.
- Keep as much inventory as possible in plain sight. Make sure its well organized, color coded and easily accessible.
- Separate the his from hers – and provide enough space to meander through the shelves and racks.
- If space allows provide an island for plenty of extra storage. It’s also a terrific surface area for changing out your handbags and organizing accessories.
- Provide a make-up vanity area preferably near a window for natural lighting.
- Don’t forget good general lighting coupled with recessed lighting to highlight your hanging wardrobe. Using dimmers will add that extra touch of ambiance as well.
A Dressing Room Closet Built For Two
Planning the perfect closet is never an easy task particularly when you have to share with your spouse. Often one partner has more “inventory” shall we say than the other and rarely are they willing to give up an inch of linear space. In one of my projects the layout of the master bedroom – simply said just doesn’t make sense. Currently the original dark, dingy and window-less walk-in closest is located on an exterior wall, which faces the beautiful lush back yard. The single windowed master bath looks directly onto the neighbor’s house. From a planning perspective it only makes sense to flip the master bath/closet layout in order to maximize the lovely view to the lush yard from a new master bath – and plan for the new closet/dressing room where the old bath was located. Gutting and shifting the walls to create a bright and spacious master bath and his-and-her closet and dressing area will take this master suite from the ordinary to the extraordinary. It’s about creating a perfect blend of practicality and luxury in the master bedroom suite. Keep these ideas in mind when planning the perfect closet for two:
Comments · 2
Love the information can we share these ideas and tips on our website?
Hi! I’m so happy you enjoyed the article.
Sure you can use this article in your blog or website. As long as you include this complete blurb with it:
Lori Gilder is CEO and Founder of Interior Makeovers Inc. She is an award winning Architectural Interior Designer to Hollywood’s elite and is dedicated to providing her clients with a unique set of design standards and expert guidance throughout the home renovation process.
Visit http://www.LoriGilder.com and Sign Up Now To Receive Your Complimentary Copy Of “15 Money Saving Strategies When Planning Your Home Renovation”.
Comments are closed.