- Cracks in the existing foundation.
- Rotting or splitting around doors and windows.
- Sagging roof sections or missing shingles.
- Antiquated wiring – which could potentially become a fire hazard.
- The current amp capacity (which will need to be increased in order to accommodate their wish list).
- Check plumbing and water pressure and temperature. If the pipes are galvanized steel then upgrade them to copper.
What You “Need To Know” About Your Home While Planning For Your Renovation
Brown Residence, Week 3 Since the Brown’s took their time in assessing their family’s needs by asking themselves a litany of questions, they were able to evaluate their current situation, determine their goals and compile a solid dream home “wish list”. This is a critical step in the pre-planning process and makes all the difference between a good home renovation project – and a great one! With a whole house remodel of this magnitude and a potential budget to match, it’s equally important to move on to the next set step of establishing a “need list”. More specifically, we need to determine what condition their house is currently in – and learn as much as we can about its weaknesses – both inside and out. What we’re looking for: