- Purchased the 4 bedroom, 4 bath, 3500 sq. ft. home built in 1949.
- Adored the site, location and property.
- A beautiful expansive back yard for a young family, and perfect for entertaining.
- Moved in as a family of three with another child on the way.
- Immediately remodeled and added on an office, enlarged the kitchen, integrated the detached garage and landscaped the rear yard.
- The large family room was open to outdoor living spaces.
- Generously sized master bedroom and bath.
- Growing family’s needs to accommodate a family of six. (A new child is expected in a few months).
- The two young boys currently share a bedroom.
- Short two bedrooms – one for the new baby – one for another child.
- Three children share one small bathroom.
- Unable to have family dinners in the kitchen.
- Need a laundry room – currently appliances are recessed into a closet just off the kitchen.
- Poor traffic flow from the foyer throughout the house.
- Dark and dingy entrance/foyer.
- Have outgrown the space, yet love their location.
Here’s a blueprint of the current floor plan.
Article by Lori Gilder, Architectural Interior Designer, Los Angeles, Ca. © 2009 Lori Gilder. Interior Makeovers Inc