Design Style #3 – Contemporary Cool
In the last two posts I spoke about the “typical” interior design styles of both Country Casual and Traditional Elegance. If the unfettered colorful look of Country Casual, or the more ornate style of Traditional Elegance doesn’t speak to your personality – maybe this interior design will.
Do these design characteristics and interior details appeal to you?
- Your design style is nothing short of sleek and chic. Slightly warmer than “modern” this style allows for greater personal interpretation the modern theme.
- You enjoy the subtle sophistication and uncluttered atmosphere that is now your signature style.
- Your overall architectural space is the true highlight – rather than objects and things.
- The unadorned architectural details such as high ceilings, vast windows, exposed air ducts or the natural brick of the building is the primary focus of your home.
- You adore the open floor plan and the linear simplicity in all design. In your world less is more and this is why you like to keep clutter to a minimum.
- When it comes to dressing your sleek suite, your wall colors remain neutral and act as the perfect back- drop, which offsets your simple yet elegant furniture and bold geometric accessories.
- You love texture such as tile and stone, and are partial to natural fibers such as cotton, wool, linen, and silk. All of these elements compliment the dark rich natural woods and concrete you’ll find scattered throughout your home.
- Your streamlined and highly functional kitchen may even include some stainless appliances and fittings for contrast and shine.
If this sounds familiar or resonates with your personality then consider your design style – Contemporary Cool.
I encourage you leave questions or comments below this post, and fill out the form on the right hand side of this page to receive your free copy of my special report: “15 Money Saving Strategies When Planning Your Home Renovation”
Article by Lori Gilder, Architectural Interior Designer, Los Angeles, Ca. © 2010 Lori Gilder. Interior Makeovers Inc.