5 Quick Home Makeover Tips You Can Do Now!
You don’t have to sink a lot of time or money into updating the décor of your home. Particularly when it’s the mood and ambience you’re looking. Use the following quick makeover tips to express changes in your style whenever you feel the need.
- Make Use of Rugs – These can be large, medium, round or square rugs depending on your style. Area rugs can change the feel in a room and also protect your flooring. Area rugs work well on hardwood floors to define spaces. They’re perfect for dining rooms, living rooms, family rooms and foyers, and create an instant personality within each space.
- Incorporate Mirrors – Mirrors in entrances and hallways instantly add depth to your home. Use mirrors across from windows and doorways. Save space by hanging full-length mirrors on doors and walls. Turn cocktail tables and chests into mirrored surfaces to create some sparkle and reflect the ceiling above.
- Introduce New Fixtures into Your Home – This is one of the simplest changes you can make to define your home. Use the color scheme in each room as a guide. Polished silver or bronze fixtures work well with dark colors. Change cabinet handles and faucet fixtures in bathrooms and kitchens. High pouring faucets allow you more room in the sink especially when cleaning large pots and pans.
- Add Molding and Paint – Adding molding, wainscoting and beefy trims create instant detail and architecture to an otherwise bland space. You can save on the cost by enlisting the help of knowledgeable friends or handyman. Use chair rails to divide walls in your dining room or down the hallway. Crown molding also adds height to ceilings. Then grab some of your favorite paint colors and get creative.
- Change the Flooring – While this makeover tip is quick, it can also be costly. Many flooring companies can change a carpeted floor to a hardwood surface in as little as six hours. To prep the area it’s as simple as moving out your furniture, . Get a free estimate for supply and installation of your favorite flooring from several companies before going ahead with the project.
It is the little things that mean a lot. And when it comes to your home – that adds up to a big change in how you feel and function in your environment. Use these simple quick tips to rejuvenate your spirit and redefine any space in your home to best suit your family’s personality. Quick changes can be made at any time and most can be redone again and again as the mood strikes.
I encourage you leave questions or comments below this post, and fill out the form on the right hand side of this page to receive your free copy of my special report: “How to Avoid the 15 Most Common Decorating Mistakes”
Article by Lori Gilder, Architectural Interior Designer, Los Angeles, Ca. © 2010 Lori Gilder. Interior Makeovers Inc.