Good design is more than just a pretty face. Combining beauty and function into all your home’s decor and design schemes creates a more cozy and accessible environment for every member of your family. Innovative design features geared towards both comfort and convenience will also increase your home’s overall value. Here are a few tips to consider for your home renovations to ensure daily life more streamlined.
- Easy Reach: Bending, stooping, pulling and pushing — adding these needs to simple tasks like cooking is inefficient and not very ergonomic. Features like pull-out drawers, eye-level shelves and custom closets make things not only more functional, but less cluttered and more visually appealing. Easy accessibility is key.
- Motion-Sensitive Lights: Stumbling around for a light-switch is a pain, especially when your hands are full. Installing motion-sensitive switches will not only save time looking for a way to turn on the light, but save energy as the lights shut off automatically when the room is empty.
- Mood lighting: On the topic of lights, replacing traditional toggle switches with more effective mood lighting will also save time and energy. Dimmer switches are easier to control and offer more energy-efficient options when you need a small dose of light. Introducing overlapping pools of light will create the most beautiful atmosphere within a space – large or small.
- Bathtub and Shower: Many bathrooms come with standard features that may not be useful to you, like the bathtub and shower combination common in most homes. If you find that you never use your bathtub, consider upgrading to a shower with improved features and controls….from steam to multiple sprays and get the spa feel you’ve been dreaming of.
- Door Handles: Door handles are a nuisance when your hands are slippery and you need to get in a room. Remove old doorknobs in favor of more elegant handles that offer increased functionality and are more aesthetically pleasing.
Every home presents unique opportunities for streamlined and elegant design tailored to your lifestyle and needs. If you need some tips on how to add comfort and convenience to your home renovations, I’d love to help! Contact me at Interior Makeovers, Inc. for more information. Stay Inspired!