- Is your home welcoming and inviting?
- Does it make you happy and bring you joy?
- Is your home comfortable?
- Is it uncluttered, organized and visually restful?
- Does your home feel balanced and congruent with who you really are?
- Have you incorporated natural elements such as wood, stone, water and plants throughout your home?
- Do you hear soothing sounds to relax you?
- Are you welcomed by a familiar scent as you open your door?
When I design a home, it’s my desired goal to create a personal experience, inspired atmosphere and enhance my client’s quality of life. Developing a plan that integrates the interior with the exterior and invigorates a daily renewal of mind, body and spirit is more important now than ever. Not only should your home reflect your personality, it should envelop you, calm you and make you say “Ahhh” the moment you walk through the door. Does your home do that for you? If you have a crazy busy schedule like I do, you undoubtedly yearn for a sense of calm, order and serenity at the end of your day – a place that neutralizes the daily chaos of life and allows you to unplug from the external stresses. Like any design project transforming your home into a retreat and sanctuary requires some homework on your part. In order to create a home that is more comfortable, more satisfying and more balanced, you need to take good look at how you currently live, and then visualize the way you want to live. The more thought and consideration you give to your home now, the more pleased and satisfied you’ll be with the end result. So ask yourself these questions.