- Cracks in the existing foundation.
- Rotting or splitting around doors and windows.
- Sagging roof sections or missing shingles.
- Antiquated wiring – which could potentially become a fire hazard.
- The current amp capacity (which will need to be increased in order to accommodate their wish list).
- Check plumbing and water pressure and temperature. If the pipes are galvanized steel then upgrade them to copper.
Brown Residence, Week 3 Since the Brown’s took their time in assessing their family’s needs by asking themselves a litany of questions, they were able to evaluate their current situation, determine their goals and compile a solid dream home “wish list”. This is a critical step in the pre-planning process and makes all the difference between a good home renovation project – and a great one! With a whole house remodel of this magnitude and a potential budget to match, it’s equally important to move on to the next set step of establishing a “need list”. More specifically, we need to determine what condition their house is currently in – and learn as much as we can about its weaknesses – both inside and out. What we’re looking for: